Monday, July 27, 2015

Create:Follow Your Heart {TKJ}

Hello~

This week at The Kraft Journal it's CAS-Inspiration.  I think I found the perfect Inspirational sentiment in my collection of stamps, but might not have done the best job at keeping my card CAS.
I started with a card base of Brown Kraft Cover Weight Cardstock onto which I layered a piece of red cardstock to frame the two pieced pattern papers. In the center I took a length of crochet trim from my stash and placed where the two papers meet. Next I took a length of Black Twill Tape and wrapped it around the card front just above the lace trim.  To the right, and above the trim, I added an inspirational sentiment (Hero Arts CL156) in black ink.  I stamped a flower (Hero Arts CL374) onto blue paper and fussy cut it out followed by doing the same for the leaves only using green paper and then popped it up on the left side of the card using foam adhesive. I added a die-cut border to the bottom of the card. Lastly for a decorative touch, a few sequins were added to the upper left corner. 
Please be sure to head over to the The Kraft Journal to check out the projects by the other talented ladies.  We hope to see your CAS - Inspiration creations in the gallery this week for your chance to be featured on our "Feature me Friday" post as well as be entered to win a $15.00 gift voucher from The Kraft Outlet store.

 
Have a great week!
~Tammy~


8 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Gorgeous! LOVING the colors and the flower!!!!!

VanessaB said...

so very pretty!

Lisa said...

This is so beautiful, Tammy!! I love the design and the colors!! The sentiment is fabulous!! Gorgeous card!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Lynn D said...

Beautiful card. I love that sentiment.

Lynette Jacobs said...

Your card is very pretty Tammy.

Audrey Pettit said...

Well CAS or not, this card is beautiful, Tammy! I love that you stamped the flower on patterned paper, and love the mix of trims and the fancy border at the bottom. The sequins are super fun, too!

Greta said...

I have that sentiment--need to use it! Wonderful card, Tammy--love the border!

Lisa Elton said...

So pretty Tammy!! Love all of the special details and the polka dot flower!!