Monday, August 11, 2014

TKJ#184 - What's on Your Work Table

Good Morning Friends!

{For my Trendy Twine Back To School Project click here}

We have a fun challenge this week at The Kraft Journal! It's "What's On Your Work Table."  At the time it was for me to work on this challenge I turned and looked at what I had on my work space and snapped a picture, so I had to commit to challenge myself to work with what was there. It was actually items that I needed to put away. I had fun making it work. 
On my work desk, was my Peachy Keen Stamps Folder,  an extra baseball and bat die-cut, a blue sequin. I think I used everything in the design, but the bat. I of course added more goodies as well. 

I started of course with a Brown Kraft Cover Weight cardstock. In my scrap folder, I found two pieces of patterned paper I wanted to use and joined those together and added them to my card base. I added a length of baseball grosgrain ribbon where the pieces joined. Next I cut a banner from a Vintage Dictionary Page and added it to the left side of the card front. I then added the baseball die-cut which I selected one of the cute faces from Peach Keen Everyday Faces and stamped it on the baseball die-cut. Behind the baseball, I added a layered scalloped circle which I stamped my sentiment using Paper Smooches stamps. Next I die-cut a few stitched stars from My Creative Time.  All that was left was to use the blue sequin, and I added that to one of my red stars and of course I decided to pull out a few more sequins for a final finishing touch. 

Please be sure to head over to the The Kraft Journal to check out the projects by the other talented ladies.  We hope to see "What's on Your Work Table" creations in the gallery this week for your chance to be featured on our "Feature me Friday" post as well as be entered to win a $15.00 gift voucher from The Kraft Outlet store.

I am also sharing at Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes, PDE - Kids Theme.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great Monday!
~Tammy~

17 comments:

jessica said...

This is so super ADORABLE Tammy!
Love that cute baseball!
Awesome card my friend!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Adorable! LOVING the baseball!!!!

Tenia Nelson said...

Super cuteness!!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

Sooo very cute!

Audrey Pettit said...

What a fun challenge idea, and did you ever make it work, Tammy! I love what you did with the goodies laying on your desk! Awesome mixture of papers and I adore all the sequins. The little stamped happy face on the baseball really makes me smile, too!

Lisa said...

This is fabulous, Tammy!! I love the red, white and blue with the baseball theme!! That face on the ball is so stinkin' adorable!! Awesome card my friend!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Anonymous said...

So fun Tammy!!!

Lisa Elton said...

Such a cute baseball card...wonder who your inspiration was for this one ;)!!! I love the little face you added to the ball!

Sue Lelli said...

Super CUTE, Tammy! Love the details plus that happy face definitely made me smile!

Unknown said...

Beautiful crisp clean lines and wonderful images. This art is amazing. We are always so happy when you take time to post with us.
God Bless you,
Carole, Word Art Wednesday

Sukie said...

Awesome card Tammy! Love all of the fun patterns and colors! That baseball is so super sweet! I also love the touch of sparkle with the sequins! Hope you're having a great Monday!

Sharon said...

Fabulous card!! Love the baseball and that darling face. Also love the use of two different pattern papers and the dictionary page. Thank you so very much for joining our 'Kids' Linky Party at PDE!!!! :)

Maria said...

What a fun card, Tammy! Love the colors and the sweet smiling face on the baseball!

Greta said...

Wow--this came out great, Tammy! PS--The bread is done & it's good--come on over!

mum of two said...

What a wonderful creation! Your baseball is so cute! Thanks so much for playing with us this week at PDE For the Kids Linky Party. Hope to see you again soon :)

michelle (PDE DT)
Purple Monkey Moments

Sherrie K. said...

Super cute! I love the fun red, white and blur and the baseball is adorable with that sweet face! Such a FUN card!
Sherrie K

Colleen Dietrich said...

Aww! Certainly reminds me of your boy, with the baseball theme. Hope he enjoyed his summer. I am assuming it was filled with lots of ball playing and watching!