Monday, August 4, 2014

The Kraft Journal #183 - Dictionary Pages

Hello and Good Monday Morning to you!!!!



It's a new challenge at The Kraft Journal!  For the challenge today, you are to use Dictionary Pages. If you have visited my blog long enough, you know I love The Kraft Outlet's Vintage Dictionary Pages


Today I decided to use the pages as a backdrop for my card. I started with a card base of Buff Ivory Cardstock onto which I added Brown Kraft Cover Weight Cardstock with distressed edges. Next, I added pieced together layers of Vintage Dictionary Pages and patterned paper to the kraft base. 

A length of crochet trim was added in the middle. I stamped the vintage labeled image from Waltzingmouse Stamps onto Buff Ivory Cardstock and used a coordinating Spellbinder's die to cut it out before placing it on the card front with foam mounting tape. 

Aqua Mist Bias Tape was used to create a fluffy bow in the corner which I embellished further with Natural Hemp Cord bow and a flower. Lastly, I added three pearls to the lower right corner for a final embellishing touch.

I am also sharing at D.L. Art - August Linky Challenge.

Please be sure to head over to the The Kraft Journal to check out the projects by the other talented ladies.  We hope to see your Dictionary Page creations in the gallery this week for your chance to be featured on our "Feature me Friday" post as well as be entered to win a $15.00 gift voucher from The Kraft Outlet store.
Have a wonderful day!
~Tammy~

14 comments:

Mary Pat Siehl said...

Oh my love the colors! The teal just pops! Awesome!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Gorgeous! LOVING the colors!!!!

jessica said...

This is gorgeous Tammy! What a beautiful card! Great color combo and love the dictionary page!!!
AWESOME job!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Beautiful, Tammy! I got all excited when I saw by the title that you were using the dictionary pages. You always rock them.

Audrey Pettit said...

I love the vintage dictionary pages, too. Still hoarding my last remaining bits of them. :) Love your card, Tammy! Pure vintage gorgeousness!

Lisa Elton said...

I see why you like the dictionary pages Tammy, this is SO PRETTY!! Fantastic design and colors too!

Hey did you get my email?

Lisa said...

This is so beautiful, Tammy!! I love the pretty colors!! The dictionary paper is so fabulous!! What an awesome card my friend!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Stella said...

A classic beeauty; fab use of that stamp and colors!

Jinny Newlin said...

What a beautiful, vintage design, Tammy! Really love this palette, too!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful colors and love the label!

Greta said...

Oh Tammy--this is one totally gorgeous card! Love the dictionary paper with that beautiful pp!

Sherrie K. said...

Gorgeous design Tammy and the colors are beautiful! The background is amazing and how pretty is that bow/flower cluster:) Gorgeous card my friend!
Sherrie K

Maria said...

A vintage beauty...so pretty...love it!!!

Sue Lelli said...

GORGEOUS card! Love the colors, the dictionary pages, the lace, the bow, the EVERYTHING, beautiful!